Outdoor living spaces are all the rage these days, and Bluffton homeowners are finding new and unique ways to spruce up their backyards by creating outdoor retreats that are true representations of the “wow” factor.
So what exactly are these homeowners doing to create such a fabulous ambiance in their backyards? They’re installing back patio pavers to create an enjoyable outdoor living space that also adds value and curb appeal to their homes! Whether you plan to live in your home for a number of years or are looking to appeal to potential buyers, pavers create a dramatic visual impact that family and friends will swoon over time and time again.
At Palmetto Porches, our Bluffton paver company has been helping area homeowners make their home improvement dreams a reality since 2004, and our team is dedicated to providing superior workmanship on every project. To ensure that your back patio is paved to perfection, we’ve put together some tips to consider when designing a back patio that will withstand the tests of time.
Determine the Location
You’ve heard it before: Location, location, location. The first step in designing a back patio with Bluffton sunrooms is to select the perfect location for your needs—and dreams. The location of your back patio is essentially determined by its purpose and could be situated in any number of places in your backyard, such as:
- Outside the Kitchen: Extend your kitchen into your backyard with the addition of a grill and an outdoor dining set.
- Outside the Living Room: If you’re running out of room to entertain indoors, a back patio outside your living room is the perfect way to add more space for family and friends to gather.
- Outside a Master Bedroom: Create a private, relaxing retreat steps away from your bedroom to spend your evenings under the stars.
Select Your Pavers
To get the greatest curb appeal with pavers, you’ll want to give your home a splash of color or design while complementing its architectural style. While there are numerous options for pavers, two of the most popular types include:
- Concrete Pavers: Create a custom look by selecting concrete pavers in a color and texture that represents your personality and your home’s aesthetic. Made of durable granite aggregate, concrete pavers resist chips, cracks, and color fading for years of long-lasting enjoyment.
- Tile Pavers: For a more elegant look, tile pavers are available in several high-performing materials such as concrete, clay, porcelain, and natural stone.
Choose a Pattern
One of the best features of Bluffton pavers is the ability to install them in a variety of patterns. The Jack-on-Jack and running bond patterns are the simplest to install, yet still, create a dramatic impact for a small patio area. To add even more interest to your back patio, consider a more advanced pattern like the herringbone or pinwheel for stunning visual appeal.
Increase Your Privacy
If you want to be able to enjoy your patio even more, adding a beautiful patio enclosure or patio cover is a perfect addition to add value and provide protection from the elements. At Palmetto Porches, we offer a wide selection of high-quality, durable patio enclosures and patio covers to suit any style of home—with prices to fit any budget. No matter which style you choose, you’re sure to enhance your home’s curb appeal and get more use out of your patio!
Are you ready to “wow” your friends and family with an impressive back patio? Then reach out to the area’s premier Bluffton paver company—Palmetto Porches! We source industry-leading pavers for our customers to ensure that your patio retains its beauty for years to come. Give us a call today to learn more about our products and services or fill out our simple online form now to request a free, at-home price estimate.
Subscribe to Palmetto Porches's Blog